Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Fun Challenge, Summer Lovin!

Hey guys! Here today with post 2 of Lindsey from Neverland Nail Blogs summer fun challenge! Each of these is called a "day" but it will be all spaced out over a few weeks time :)

So "day 2" is summer lovin, anything lovey dovey type stuff, but I wanted to go just a little bit of a different route with the same theme. I googled images to find my inspiration, and when I saw the picture (will be down below) I just it was what I *had* to do!!

So colors, once again I used Deborah Lippmann's Let's Hear it for the Boy as my blue base, I then sponged Zoya Zuza randomly over it to give some dimensions like the sky, followed by white for the clouds. The dark green of my watermelon rind is Julep Emilie, the lightest green of the rind is OPI Who the Shrek Are You? and the middle green is the two mixed together. For the pink I used OPI If You Moust You Moust, and sponged just a little bit of OPI The Color of Minnie over it once again just for some dimension, and finally the brown for the seeds is Kleancolor Espresso.

At the end I only had the heart in the watermelon (I used a dotting tool to make the outline of it then just filled in the outside), and I wanted more hearts that weren't so obvious. Both my pinky and my pointer already had the outlines of hearts just from how I sponged (no I didn't plan it lol) so I just added a little more to define the heart just a bit more with a dotting tool, and tada I was done!

I am seriously in love with this mani, summer love!! Everyone knows watermelon is a yummy summer treat that most people love, and who doesn't love a blue sky with fluffy white clouds?






So what do you guys think?

Until next time! Happy painting!



Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. So adorable! I love that you went a different way with this theme, great work =]!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so cute and gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this is so unique, pretty and summery. It fits the theme too. That picture is so cool & I can totally see why you'd want to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love that you did something a bit different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg how cute! i love that you were able to do that.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback! Your comments are important to me, and I read every one :)